Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Google Street View: iPhone Style

There has been a lot of talk about Google Maps.

Most of it has to do with being able to use street view on an iPhone, but recently, Google updated their images and locations and now I can actually view the house I grew up in!


Am I a little bit creeped out? YES.
Is this totally cool? YES.












I really do love street view even though its creepy and awesome.
It makes my life a lot easier and I hardly ever go anywhere in NY that I don't know ( or recognise from my google street view). Which for me, is pretty comforting.


Some interesting facts.
3/4 of my roommates have iPhones.

We love them.

Sam my roommate, northwestern alum and fellow blogger, uses her iPhone (which she got from work) primarily as a map. She is very happy to have the iPhone, but unlike me, doesn't use many applications, hardly checks her email, and really uses it as a way to maneuver around the city. Debating if this feature makes up for the price tag is not the issue here. What I find more interesting, is that today, we definitely rely on google maps.

I remember the days when I used mapquest, always waiting forever for my printer to print out the horrible directions that usually took me around my location, rather than directly there!

Thank god we have evolved since those days.

Thank god for google maps.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

this google thing is totally scaring me! I actually experienced something creepy because of that. There was this guy i used to know and be kind of friend with. I met him when i was on vacation. He was not from my city but we used to talk a lot at the time you know. he had a crush on me but i never paid attention to that. He started to call me more and more often so i eventually ended this relationship. 1 month later, he called me again and started to describe the building where i was living at the time, like in every single details. And he has never been there before! He was like i'm down your building, i'll enter, i want to see you... Gosh, i just totally freaked out and locked myself inside! In the end, he was not there, he used google map but no matter what, let me tell you it's not my favorite tool on Internet!!!