Monday, October 22, 2007

I love facebook, Yes I do. I love facebook, How about you?

Today I came across this post, and it really got me thinking...

This guy claims that social media is dead.
I'm sorry Sir, but I think you're wrong... although you've make some interesting points.

He says that in recent days, there have not been any applications with substance created for various social media sites. I guess that you can always argue that nothing "important" has been added to facebook recently, the truth is that it really just depends on what the user is looking for.

Personally, I don't need all the hoopla on my page. I just want the facts. I don't need to compare friends, or any of those other useless applications. However, there certainly is merit in the music applications or other forums that encourage sharing of ideas.. since hey, isnt that what this is all about? And on the subject of facebook, should I even mention the whole google situation... will google buy FB? and what will this mean for me, and other members? Am I going to constantly be bombarded with ads? Will google find out a perfect way to actually pin point what I want and who I am?

I guess the thing is, yes... right now social media is certainly in a crossroads..
What does the future holds for these influencial, interesting and thought-provoking networks?

But to say that social media is dead? That just seems dumb.

what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dani. It's Brian from Podcamp. It was great meeting you. I like the blog, keep it up! See you on twitter!

Check my music podcast at www.yamcast.com and my personal blog at www.polenskyfamily.com.