Sunday, October 28, 2007

Podcamp Boston... A social media extravaganza.

So I started this semester with an idea that with my new media class, I would grow even more obsessed with facebook then I already was, because I would be able to combine two of my passions: social media and PR.

I was always a little bit skeptical to really dive into crazy new media stuff.
I thought that this world was somewhere that I didn't belong because I didn't know that much about it. But now I have realized how much I really like this stuff and more importantly, that anyone can have an online presence -- and thats the beauty of it.

on to my next point.

This past weekend was Podcamp Boston and oh what a whirlwind it was!
There were so many interesting people to meet and interesting ideas to take away from this unique conference. One of the first ideas that stuck with me and really manifested itself throughout the whole day and night was Chris Brogan's "genius" idea, that everyone at this conference was human! Wow, what a crazy idea! But this really stuck with me, because what I have to say is valid and I can learn more just by looking to all these people because they are not just knowledgeable, but approachable.

So if you are seeing this, I just wanna say thanks so such an awesome time.

New media can certainly be intimidating. It's such a huge world, but its so cool at the same time!

No comments: