Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who am I?

So I've been thinking a lot about online presence.

I mean, not only am I obsessed with my new media class and for that reason have developed a new blog habit to go along with my constant need to check facebook. But here is my latest conundrum...
Are you no one until you can be googled?
And, since I do believe that is infact the case, when did this shift occur that says that it is socially acceptable (and not sketchy) to use your real name as your online psuedo alias.

Because here is the problem... I didn't get the message! Right now, danilady is my pseudo alias, and my actual name can not be googled.
Is this a problem?
More importantly, are people (and of course, by people I mean potential employers) going to be turned off by this?
Next questions - should I change my whole online persona and adapt it so that I can be googled?

I do think its very interesting that night now, so many people are using their real names online. This idea was so looked down upon only a few years ago, and this may be just another indication of how quickly trends can change. But somehow, I am not convinced. Am I cynical? Or do I just not trust people? The thing is, I really do think the best of most people.


Right now, I don't know the answer to this. But heres my course of action.
Rather then deal with creating a whole new online persona, I have decided (with some help) that being consistant is the most important thing.
Therefore, I Danielle Katz am now Danilady.

or at least for now...

No comments: