Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do we have time to LISTEN?

Yesterday, in Chris Brogan's blog, he has this post about the importance of listening.

Of course, I have a little something to say....
This post, which I found very interesting and really rather important really got me thinking about my generation in terms of listening to blogs and social media.

The thing is: I don't think we ever listen.

In an age where we are constantly connected, we are consequently growing increasingly impatient. I can hardly wait for a you-tube video to load, a friend's ringback tone to go to voicemail or the how long it takes the Boston T to take me to my final destination.

The thing is: although I am impatient, I do often take time to surf the web. I may lead a relatively busy life, but the truth is that I find a few minutes to read blogs and listen to and sometimes even participate in what people are saying. The truth of the matter is, to someone who is newly interested in social media, reading blogs and finding more info from them is the number one thing I can do to learn more. And although I think that most people my age claim to be incredibly busy -- and maybe too busy to read and follow blogs and trends, I enjoy it and right now it is something that I will continue to do.

No comments: