Sunday, October 21, 2007

Second Life coming even closer...

So I'll be honest with you once more.
I actually do not know very much about Second Life although I am very interested in this concept, because it seems like such an interesting, thought-provoking, out-of-this-world kind of a place. Oh wait, it is out of this world!

However, I stumbled across this tech crunch posting about how CSI NY is coming to Second Life and it really freaked me out.

Heres the thing... I really thought that this whole idea was very foreign and very outrageous. I didn't understand why this SIMS like world is being taken over in such a mainstream way.

I love culture. I love everything about it. I love entertainment and yadda yadda yadda. But I just don't get second life and the expansion of our culture to another world. I agree that here, where there is so much clutter to break through, reaching an audience is tough!

And that is why, I must give props to CSI NY for taking a chance. This link for a you tube clip makes me really wanna see the episode and find out more about second life.
What a huge chance to take, and although I do lead a packed life, I might try and see this weeks episode! So kudos!

No comments: