Sunday, October 14, 2007

Legally Blonde Takes On Broadway and The World!

MTV is airing Legally Blonde the Musical on MTV.

Clearly, I have a lot to say about this.

First -- I mean, do I even have to begin with saying how I feel about the fact that this is a new musical. That this is the future of musical theater? is this what people think quality Musical theater is?
oy.

Second - why are they selling the musical to MTV? is this gonna get more people to broadway? Are more people going to buy tickets to see the musical?

Thirdly -- Everyone keeps asking me what I thought about the musical. This viewing would mark the second time I actually saw the show, as I of course came home from college last may and got tickets to see it. I loved the movie and thought why not. The thing is, I loved the musical. It's not exactly an outstanding piece of art (but you could argue that musical theater is no longer an elegant, thoughtful artform... unless its steven sondheim. but more on that later). The music was fun and catchy. Great work-out music, if I say so myself.

1 comment:

Elise Askenazi said...

nice blog! do you know how i can watch it on MTV? or because it already aired I can't see it anymore?
thanks!